Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
Total Time: 3 Hours & 15 Minutes
Servings: 7 cups
Calories: 143 calories per 1/4 cup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar of El Patio Original or Hot salsa depending on your spice preference
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; stir in the cheese, salsa and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Stir periodically throughout to avoid burning. Serve warm with tortilla chips.