Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Servings: 2 Casseroles (3 Servings Each)
Calories: 840 calories in 2 enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 8” flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 jar El Patio Original or Hot salsa (depending on spice preference)
- 1 10-3/4oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Cook and stir until liquid is evaporated.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans, 1/4 cup beef mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in 2 greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine salsa and soup; pour down the center of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 1 casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.