Chicken Soft Tacos
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Hours
Total Time: 5 Hours & 30 Minutes
Servings: 5 Servings
Calories: 749 calories in 2 tacos
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 4oz can chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 8” flour tortillas, warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups El Patio Original salsa
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Sour cream, optional
- Place the chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, chiles, onion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender and juices run clear, 5-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomato and, if desired, sour cream; roll up.