Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 75 Minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
Calories: 285 calories per cup
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 11oz can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup El Patio Original or Hot salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 2-1/4oz can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a small saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place beans, corn, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and rice in a large bowl; stir in salsa, sour cream and pepper. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese; bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.